This is a Sharepoint Services v 3.0 project that integrates a digital signature document format ( DigiDoc, see http://www.sk.ee/pages.php/020305010101 )
The project consists of two Features including document libary event handler, custom pages for performing digital signature operations, and a custom IFilter implementation ( C++ ) to provide full-text search for the given file format.
There is also a site-wide customization of document library context menus and some other generally useful pieces of code for WSS 3.0
The packaging format is WSS 3.0 introduced Sharepoint Solution in form of a WSP file.Project Home Page
wssDigiDoc home page. Sort of a placeholder for now... request more specific info and i will add it.
A short overview
This project is only useful to the end user who want to handle DigiDoc-format files in Sharepoint Sites. DigiDoc format is a document container format for digital signatures, used in Estonia as a national digital signature standard.
For developers, there is lots of useful stuff in the code. A complete implementation of custom IFilter, examples on how to customize WSSv3 site-wide, and so on.
Quick setup howto
<sharepointroot> in default installation is:
- C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\web server extensions\12
By run "" i mean this has to be done from commandline
- add solution to the server, run : "stsadm -o addsolution -filename wssDigiDoc.wsp"
- deploy the solution to sites in WSS central admin ( http://<adminsiteurl>/_admin/Solutions.aspx )
- add <Mapping Key="ddoc" Value="signature.gif"/> to <sharepointroot>\TEMPLATE\XML\DOCICON.XML, run "iisreset"
- activate the DigiDoc features per site and per sitecollection
- ( when upgrading from a previous release, deactivate&reactivate both features )
- to configure the features, use "Site Settings"->"Digidoc feature settings"
- try to upload a DDOC file into a Document Library
- the signature columns should be automatically added for this document library
- column values for newly added or updated documents should reflect the signature data
- to view the columns, edit the current view to include them
- try "Sign document" from Document Library context menu
- For this, the default config uses the OpenXades.org test-webservice. Your certificate has to be in their testdatabase for that ( http://openxades.org/tryitout.html )
Getting the fulltext-search feature ( IFilter ) to work with DDOC
- deploying the solution will place the ifilter DLL under
- you need to register that file, run "regsvr32 IFilterDDOC.dll" in that folder
- if you are running WSS, run "net stop spsearch", "net start spsearch" and search should start working after indexing
- if you are running MOSS, there is this extra step:
- Add the filter-extension (DDOC) to the File types crawled:
- Start -> Program -> Microsoft Office Server -> SharePoint 3.0 Central Administration -> <Name of SharedService Provider> -> Search Settings -> File Types -> New File Type (Add DDOC extension here)
- run "net stop osearch", "net start osearch"
- start indexing
- cross fingers ...
To avoid DigiDoc files being displayed as XML in the IE browser, change the server Mime types:
- Open IIS Manager, rightclick the toplevel node, representing the computer
- Open "Mime Types" dialog
- insert new type, Extension=ddoc, MimeType=unknown
- restart iis
- clear the browser caches for files that you had accessed previously
A "Quick Wiki Markup Guide" can be found on the right side of the Edit
page for help with formatting the Wiki text. For a more detailed explanation of the Wiki markup, see the Wiki Markup Guide
.How to use this page
The Project home page is the place that team members and visitors will go to find out about your project. Here are some ideas about what to put on this page:
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Project information (the text from your project description, for example)
- Project documentation
- Development methodologies
- Release process
- Current issues